Monday, November 1, 2010

Cat Marx goes to Marine Parade!

My domination in Niven road has been, to say the least, unsuccessful. The office girls do not listen to me when I speak, they do not cater to my every whim and fancy. They certainly do not adhere to my demands. They are incompetent and useless.

Exhibit A: Office girl blatantly ignoring me.


Nevertheless, my plans for world domination will eventually succeed. This year, OH is going to Marine Parade, and what better way to suss out new territory and potential minions by making the neighborhood believe I am one with the people! (only to make them my slaves after.)

So I voyeured to Marine Parade last Friday and I was astonished to find my carriage in waiting. I am glad they realize the gravity of the situation, that is my arrival. However the tuktuk man was no where to be found (curse these lazy, lazy humans!) so I made one of the office girls, specifically the new intern because she is gullible and has yet to encounter my ever demanding ways, bring me around in true parisian style. 



Note the canned drink. It is a human contraption used to relieve feelings of fatigue and as respite from the unforgiving weather. I will order a million of such contraptions when I take over Marine Parade, and store them in my parlor for my own perusal.

Two things to note. 

1. There are other like-minded creatures that aspire to hold the reigns of Marine Parade. This is cecil. He has chosen not to disclose his real name for obvious  reasons. (for those who do not know, it is because humans choose the most ridiculous names for their pets. for example, Fluffy.) He and I were thinking of collaborating our plans in the near future. Of course i would take 80% of the assets simply because I am smarter and my plans are better. 



2. Human food is, as much as I hate to admit it, beautiful to my palate. It is tasty, tantalizing, and treacly. Despite it being obstacle to my world-domination plans (in that it feeds and nourishes the humans, making them immune to my tactics), it is definitely something I must train the humans to cook for me, as opposed to devouring these foods for themselves. 


Bengawan Solo
Blk 58 Marine Terrace
#01-69
Business Hours: 8am - 9pm


This is Bengawan Solo. I will colonize this store and order all franchises to be within a km of my residence. It is important that a leader is well fed.

Funny thing about Bengawan Solo. It is actually the name of the longest river in the Indonesian island of Java. And this river also has its own song! Why don't I have my own song??? I must bring this up with the office folk.



Anyway, the very first Bengawan Solo cake shop in Marine Terrace was founded in 1979 by Anastasia Liew, an emigrant from Indonesia. Anastasia began with an unlicensed home baking business of her Indonesian delicacies in her HDB apartment, until the Singapore Ministry of Environment caught up with her. Alas, Bengawan Solo was born!

Marine Parade is all well and good, but I fear I must go. I need to work on the blueprint for when I transform Marine Parade into my chateau. Anything less is an insult to my gentry. Fairwell minions. Till the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment