Friday, November 12, 2010

TIME WARP

Hello minions, i'm back with a vengeance! I have been doing some research on Marine Parade in order to better acquaint myself with my new surroundings for when I build my Chateau. It is important to look back to understand the present. Didn't your teacher tell you this?

This is what i've dug up so far.

MARINE PARADE - BRUSH, BRUSH, BRUSH... THE CHILDREN ALSO DO THEIR BIT, HELPING THEIR ELDERS TO CLEAN THE VOID DECK

Notice the children scrubbing the floor of this void deck? Yes, I myself realise that today's technology-driven cleaning devices are usually slip shod and do not provide the meticulous nature that is distinct to manual labour. Vacuums, electric mops and the like do not cut it for me! It is for this reason that when I build my Chateau, I will only employ helpers with the following characteristics:

1. Penchant for cleaning
2. A keen eye (my floor must be immaculate)
3. Do not question my resistance to modern cleaning devices

I am so thrilled to know that the residents of Marine Parade possess these qualities and take pride in the surroundings they live in. I will be so happy in this neighbourhood! Especially so because I am ordering tiles direct from France and I will not have dirt and scum stuck between said tiles. It is unhygienic and will taint my sensitive and delicate paws. 

MARINE PARADE - STRETCHING IT OUT, AN EXERCISE TO STRENGTHEN THE LEG MUSCLES
MARINE PARADE - KEEPING FIT AND TRIM... A MASS RHYTHMIC EXERCISE IN PROGRESS IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE HALL. THE EXERCISE HAS PROVED TO BE HIGHLY POPULAR WITH THE YOUNG AND VERY YOUNG

My lovely minions of Marine Parade. 

Pictures above demonstrate their dedication to fitness, as well as their love for the arts. Look at them "work it" while sporting attire reminescent of "Flashdance". Case in point, not only are my Marine Parade  minions avid health fans (perfect as they will need the strength for when they are cleaning my sprawling Chateau), but they are also well equipped to entertain me! 

(Flashdance, for the ignorant)

**Note similarities in work-out attire.

Last but not least,
GROUP PHOTOGRAPH OF TAO NAN SCHOOL PRIMARY
Tao Nan Primary School


This is where I will send my little kittens for when I meet my perfect mate. (I am not a hopeless romantic! I am not! I am single by choice!)

This prestigious institution is 104 years old, and is home to Mr Lee Kong Chian. Mr Lee taught there when he returned to Singapore after World War II and it is only right that my little kittens breathe the very same air as he did. As they walk through the hallowed halls, by diffusion will my kittens become one of the brightest minds in Singapore. May they own many rubber plantations and engage in philanthropic work for The Cat Welfare Society when they are well endowed!



It is Friday night, I bade thee farewell. I'm going to drink myself silly with one of the office girls now. Remember children, creative juices best flow in moments of drunken stupor.





**Credits to National Archives of Singapore for pictures
http://picas.nhb.gov.sg/picas/public/internetSearch/

No comments:

Post a Comment