Monday, December 6, 2010

N-Day Marine Parade!

Hey guys,


check out this video of the early national day parade held this year in Marine Parade.







SM Mr Goh Chok Tong, suggested Marine Parade organise a parade for residents who would not have the chance to participate in the Parade at the Padang.


In an open car park at Marine Terrace (where one of OH houses is located!), uniformed groups made out of girl guides, scouts, members of various MP resident committees, marched proudly for the crowds.


The parade ended with a bang with a 5 minute display of fireworks! 


'I have never been to the real National Day Parade, so I am happy that I got to experience this parade here. It even has fireworks.' - Aishah Mohamad Isa (source: Straits Times)






So nice of Mr Goh Chok Tong to organise this event for his community. Now that I know how talented the residents of Marine Parade are, I should expect a welcome parade for when I make my first appearance on 8th January! (that's when OH begins)


In case you didn't already know, tickets for OH can be purchased from the Marine Parade CC Plaza on the day itself. Do come! I love all the houses and the art works being put into it. I'll give you a preview when I can. :) 


So it's monday morning... i'm up too early. I just needed to bring this nugget of information to you! Back to my cat nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment