Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sorry i've been a busy cat!

As you all may know, I have been on a search to find Marine Parades best restaurants so I can hire their chefs!

On a side note:
So what's this deal with Marine Paraders considering East Coast to be part of Marine Parade? If that's the case then I guess that would include Siglap and Katong too wouldn't it? I'm not entirely sure... anyway it doesn't matter to me because i'm just going to colonise the entire area and name it Cat's Chateau.

Someone educate me on this matter! I'm so confused.

Anyhow, I dug up a few potential chefs...

1. Katong Laksa 















Did you know that "Katong" Laksa refers to the style of Nonya Laksa that is eaten with just the spoon?  The most well known place to eat this is at the stalls around the junction of Ceylon and East Coast Road. Although there are many stalls that now use the name "Katong Laksa", I have found the original. Some (or most) people claim that this is the best laksa in Singapore! Now that's quite a feat. I wouldn't go around throwing sweeping statements about one of the most popular Singaporean dishes, but I suppose you will have to judge for yourself. 


Read the full story here: Original Katong Laksa


I suggest a hearty bowl before heading down to Marine Parade (proper) to house hop! I myself will be dipping my whiskers into some tasty gravy. ^.^



The address is at:
Katong Laksa
1 Telok Kurau Road
(Opp. SPC Petrol Station)
Open 8am to 3.30pm
Open Daily
64404585
98559401


2. Roland Restaurant
From an insider source, this ex-ACS boy used to be quite the rebel! Never good with the books, he sure made it with food. Roland is actually the *drumroll* FOUNDER OF CHILLI CRABS!

Mr Roland and Mdm Cher  (credits to ieatishootipost.sg)


I actually visited Roland Restaurant just 2 days ago, and I tried this amazing bamboo clam dish... Honestly I had no idea clams came in that shape. 


ISN'T THAT JUST SO COOL? 












Learn the history of Chilli Crab and Roland Restaurant here: Origins of Chilli Crab


This would be a great place to satisfy your hunger pangs after a good tour of all the OH houses! Courtesy of OH, we are offering a free shuttle service back to the Marine Parade CC, which incidentally is really close to Roland Restaurant. You might see me there eyeing some fish in the tanks... Really got my drooling the last time. 


The address is at:
Roland Restaurant
Block 89, Marine Parade Central,
# 06 - 750
Singapore 440089
6440 8205
www.rolandrestaurant.com.sg



3. Hilmi Sarabat Stall: President Teh Tarik


























It's been said that the presidents driver goes down to this very stall, da baos Teh Tarik and brings it back to the Presidents mansion! There are two shifts, the morning shifts Teh Tarik is made by some AMAZING anonymous man before 1230pm, and the one after by his less amazing partner. But still, probably very very amazing.

The address is at:
Hilmi Sarabat Stall
Marine Parade Food Centre
#01-146
5.30am to 11pm



So now I really need to hire the Katong Laksa man, Roland, and the anonymous Teh Tarik maker!!! How much would it take to steal them away from their business??? Nothing I can't afford. Alright, all this talk of food is driving me insane... must bug office girl to give me snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment